Commenced the business set-up in the year 1977, North Eastern Handicrafts And Handlooms Development Corporation Limited is a Govt. of India enterprise which develop and promote indigenous craft of making environment friendly bamboo products. The motive behind our foundation is to connect craftsmen directly to the prospective market or consumers thus, develop cultural, social and economical opportunities for the producers at the same time add value to our culture. Our organization is under the administrative control of Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region (DoNER), Government of India.
As a manufacturer and supplier, our artisans are making an incredible range of Bamboo Jugs, Bamboo Bags, Bamboo Round Baskets, Bamboo Roti Baskets and Bamboo Fruit Baskets. All these bamboo products are produced by our own skilled weavers and artisans in varied designs, shapes and sizes. Apart from this, we as a trader procure handloom items from the manufacturers located in eight North Eastern states include Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura. All the products are offered in the market through our supply chain of Purbashree Emporia situated in New Delhi, Bangalore, Shillong, Guwahati & Kolkata and sales promotion office in Chennai. Through various exhibitions and trade shows, we promote our products in national and international markets.
We want to improve the standard of living and quality of life of weavers, artisans and entrepreneurs by promoting North East handicraft and handloom products in both national as well as international markets.
- The mission of our organization is to join hands with artisans, weavers and producers to develop unique handicraft and handloom items via technical, design and skill interventions.
- Procure handicraft & handloom items of artisans and trade them at fair prices.
- Along with promoting our own manufactured handicrafts, help other artisans in finding appropriate market for their goods in India and abroad.
- Provide financial and technical assistance to weavers, craftsmen, small establishments and co-operatives.
- Built and promote sales centers such as show rooms, emporia, publicity offices and exhibition centers for increasing products accessibility.
- Promote the production of Bamboo Round Baskets, Bamboo Jugs, Bamboo Bags, Bamboo Roti Baskets , etc. through associates, artisans and own production house.
- Develop and promote schemes for making handicrafts, handloom and similar products.
- Establish production centers for those craft industries where the demand of the same is growing.
- Provide training for upgrading conventional skills.
We have a very strong top management incorporating strong-headed professionals who are running the corporation profitably. Our management is headed by various professionals having expertise in their respective fields. Some of our board of directors includes:
- Shri Saurabh Endley- Chairman
- Brig. R. K. Singh (Retd.)- Managing Director
- Shri Puroshottam Verma- Director
- Smt Basanti Kalita Dowerah- Non- Official Director
- Smt Maimom Sharda Devi- Non- Official Director